Would your book group like to make a difference in the world? Learn about the lives of women in different countries by reading a book (suggestions below) and then use your discussion session to talk about/support CleanBirth.org’s work.
- Decide as a group to raise funds to help women in Laos.
- Choose a book that sheds light on women’s issues.
- Email CleanBirth.org (email@example.com) about your group’s plans.
- We will email an information packet about CleanBirth.org’s work in Laos. If you are in the metro New Haven area, Kristyn Zalota, founder of CleanBirth.org, will come and speak to you group.
- Pass the hat. Arrange a bake sale/tag sale/other small fundraiser.
- Donate at www.cleanbirth.org/donate or mail donations to: Kristyn Zalota, 17 Post Ave. Westbrook, CT 06498.
Thank you for your interest in helping CleanBirth.org!
Danticat, Edwidge. Breath, Eyes, Memory.
Emecheta, Buchi. The Joys of Motherhood.
Hosseini, Khaled. A Thousand Splendid Suns.
Khadra, Yasmina and John Cullen. The Swallows of Kabul.
Verghese, Abraham. Cutting for Stone.
Heath, Jennifer and Ashraf Zahedi. Land of the Unconquerable.
Holloway, Kris. Monique and the Mango Rains.
Kidder, Tracy. Mountains beyond Mountains.
Kristof, Nicholas and Sheryl WuDunn. Half the Sky.
Louv, Richard. Last Child in the Woods.
Shannon, Lisa J. A Thousand Sisters.
Stewart, Rory. The Places in Between.
Williams, Louise. Wives, Mistresses and Matriarchs.