We just received the most exciting email. What was an idea in July has become a reality in October. Our partner in Laos, Our Village Association, with a local clinic in Ta-oiy Province have executed the first CleanBirth Volunteers Training!
The training “Making Birth Safe” was led by a local nurse, Ms. Chanpheng at Pachoudone Clinic, Ta-oiy District, SaravanProvince. The workshop was under the chairmanship of Mr. Boundala, the head of Pachoudone Clinic.
There were 8 participants from 4 villages, unfortunately 7 others from three additional villages were kept away by heavy rains. The participants were:
- Ms. Tha, woman’s union volunteer from SanaengVillage
- Ms. Vae, traditional midwife from SanaengVillage
- Ms. Koab, woman’s union volunteer from PhorbeiyVillage
- Ms. Koun, traditional midwife from PhorbeiyVillage
- Ms. Loiy, woman’s union volunteer from PachouchernVillage
- Ms Ms. Orn, midwife from Pachouchern Village
- Ms. Lang, woman’s union volunteer from ChotaiVillage. Orn, traditional midwife from PachouchernVillage
- Ms. Kamouan, traditional midwife from ChotaiVillage
The contents in the workshop included:
1. How to use the AYZH Clean Birth Kits
2. How to encourage breastfeeding
3. Warning signs in pregnancy and labor
Noi, the OVA employee tasked with coordinating CleanBirth.org’s activities on the ground, gave these details about the training:
The training room was cramped and we could not hold the training outside due to the heavy rain but the participants were interested in the topics.
The trainer used dialect language (Ta-oiy language) on the training made them clearly understand the lessons.
We could not be more thrilled that this training went so well, that it was led exclusively by local staff and monitored by Noi. Locals helping each other make birth safe!
This is a great start to our CleanBirth.org Village Volunteer Training!